Thursday 12 March 2015

Zlatan Ibrahimovic slams Chelsea players as 'babies' after red card

Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic branded Chelsea players “babies” following his red card in the Champions League last-16 tie at Stamford Bridge.

The Sweden international was sent off the after 31 minutes of the second-leg clash in West London for a challenge on Chelsea’s Oscar.

The 33-year-old appeared to pull his feet out of the challenge as the players went for a loose ball, although he did clatter into the Brazilian, and Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers produced a straight red card for a challenge which looked more reckless than dangerous.

He said: "When I got the red card all the Chelsea players come around.

"It felt like I had a lot of babies around me."


The Dutch official was engulfed by angry Blues players protesting whilst Ibrahimovic knelt on the Stamford Bridge turf, almost as if he knew his fate but couldn’t quite believe it. 

He added: "I don't know if I have to get angry or start to laugh. For me when I saw the red card I was like 'the guy doesn't know what he's doing'."

The Sweden striker also suggested Oscar feigned injury.

"I pulled out (of the tackle), because I saw him come in the tackle. I don't know if he was acting afterwards. Doesn't matter. We won the game, we went through and let's see what happens."




The 33-year-old lauded the performance of his team-mates, who defied the numerical advantage to twice come from behind and progress on away goals courtesy of a 2-2 draw - 3-3 on aggregate.

"It was an amazing performance because we were playing with one less (player)," he added.

"They played with big hearts. It's not easy to play with 10 guys, especially against a team like Chelsea. We showed quality and big heart."


- Source: Eurosport

No comments:

Post a Comment