Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein - File pic
KUALA LUMPUR: The White Paper to explain the actual situation that transpired in the incident where terrorists had encroached into Lahad Datu, Sabah in March last year will only be released after the completion of investigation by the authorities.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein told the Dewan Rakyat today that detailed information on the investigation and events that occurred in the East Coast of Sabah also involved several interested parties including neighbouring country, the Philippines.
"The report must be prepared thoroughly as it involves threats in the borderless world now," he said when replying to a supplementary question from Tian Chua (PKR-Batu) who wanted to know about the latest development on the white paper.
On March 3 last year, several opposition MPs had urged the government to call for a special session of Parliament and to issue a white paper and explain on the clashes between the Malaysian security forces and the intruders in Lahad Datu.
Meanwhile, replying to a supplementary question from Datuk Ahmad Fauzi Zahari (BN-Setiawangsa) on government measures to ensure that the functions of the Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCom) and the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone) truly ensured Sabah's security from intrusion following several incidents of kidnappings, Hishammuddin said the approach on security measures must be reviewed.