Thursday 25 June 2015

Angel Di Maria: I still don't know why I was dropped

Argentinian winger Angel Di Maria has opened up about his concerns at Manchester United, stressing that he still does not know why he started on the bench for so many games.

The Argentine made an exciting start to the season, scoring an outstanding goal away to Leicester City in a shock 5-3 defeat, after sealing a £59.3m move from Real Madrid – a British transfer record.


But Di Maria, who is part of the Argentina squad at the Copa America, was dropped during the second-half of the season and his current status at the club worries him.

“Yes [It has affected me]. For me, and my family,” he said to Argentinian newspaper Ole. 

“Not everything goes as I want, because I don’t play. Because I came with an intention and end up on the bench. It’s hard to tell how I feel there.

“I started well, with goals and assists. I was having a good time, until I was out. It’s a little hard to explain why I do not play.”

Despite his concerns and recent links with a move to Barcelona, Di Maria says he plans to stick it out and improve his situation at Old Trafford.

“No, because I’m not thinking like that” he said when asked about a transfer.

“In Madrid there were times when I was whistled around the stadium but faced it and then it turned around. I like to deal with things.” 

- Source: Eurosport 

No comments:

Post a Comment