Monday 28 July 2014

Commonwealth Games: Nicol on track to defend gold medal

Nicol will be playing Laura Massaro from England, in the finals.

GLASGOW: Malaysia's world number one Datuk Nicol David continued her strong performance at the ongoing Glasgow Commonwealth Games, here, on Sunday.

In her quest to defend her Commonwealth Games gold medal, Nicol put on a superb performance against Joelle King of New Zealand in the semi-finals.

She took just 39 minutes to beat Joelle in straight sets, 11-6, 11-8, 11-5 and march into the final.

"It was great (to win the semifinals match) and I played really well today. She is not only a determined player but also very confident. I just knew that I had to work hard and gain control of the game.

"She gave me a good fight in the first two sets. I knew I had to bring out my best to get her. I had to really dig deep and fought those rallies with determination," said Nicol when met after her match at the Scotstoun Sports Campus.

Nicol will be playing Laura Massaro, from England, in the finals. - Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment