Thursday 4 June 2015

Rafa Benitez weeps tears of joy as he is unveiled as Real Madrid manager


Rafa Benitez cried openly as he was officially unveiled as Real Madrid's new manager on Wednesday.

The Spaniard is a former manager of Liverpool, Chelsea, Valencia and Napoli, but it was at Real Madrid that he cut his teeth as both a player and a coach - and emotion got the better of him as he returned to his boyhood club after almost 20 years.

"I'm returning home," Benitez told assembled media at his press conference.

"It's a unique opportunity. This is a difficult moment because I simply don't know how to describe the emotion."


"It's an exciting day. I've returned home. I'm already excited.

"I want to win trophies and for the team to play well, and I'm thankful for the trust placed in me."

Fans were quick to react to Benitez's weeping - some sarcastic, others genuinely affected by the sight of a man who has reached what will in all probability prove to be the defining job of his career.

- Source: Eurosport 

No comments:

Post a Comment