Monday 9 March 2015

Speculate all you want, I know my son is alive, says MH370 passenger's mum

NORMAH: The speculations are all empty talk, there is still no proof of anything concrete.

KUALA LUMPUR: “You can say what you want, you can pay me millions of ringgit in compensation, you can announce whatever you like or speculate on anything, I know my Amri is still around.” Normah Jaafar’s voice breaks as she says this, but she is steadfast in her belief that her son, Mohd Khairul Amri Selamat, 30, is not lost.

“Let people say that he’s no longer there. For me Amri is still around, I know he is. Why are people saying that he’s gone?” she asks.

“I’ve heard people saying so many things, that the plane is not missing, that it is being hidden, but all these are empty talk, there is no proof of anything,” the 57-year-old tells Astro AWANI.

There has been much speculation surrounding the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370, one of the more recent ones being a conspiracy involving Russia, and that the plane has been taken to Antarctica.

On January 29 this year, the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) had declared Flight MH370 as an “accident” and that all passengers and crew members are presumed dead.

Just days before the anniversary of the MH370 disappearance, MAS in a statement expressed hope that the search mission could solve the mystery surrounding the missing aircraft and find the much-awaited answers.

Said Normah, her health began to shake a little after the DCA’s latest announcement about the flight.

“I contracted a fever and have yet to fully recover ever since. I don’t feel well, am still in shock and I’m missing my son tremendously,” she said, sobbing furiously.

Meanwhile, another next-of kin who wished to remain anonymous, described the various speculations are “rubbish”.

“The speculations are never ending. It’s all rubbish. I’m tired of all this nonsense, I’m tired of commenting. I’m just tired,” he said.

Another MH370 passenger relative, who also declined to reveal his identity, is calling for all Malaysians to continue to pray for everyone on board the ill-fated flight.

“Hopefully the search mission will find closure. I hope the truth will be discovered, insha'Allah (God willing),” he said.

The Boeing-777 aircraft was ferrying 239 passengers including 12 crew members from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, China when it went off radars on March 8 last year. 

- Source: Astro Awani 

No comments:

Post a Comment