Monday 18 May 2015

Pandikar Amin has shamed me, says Tun Mahathir

Dr Mahathir during the book launch.

PUTRAJAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he had been ‘shamed’ by Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia when the latter claimed he did not resign.

The former premier said the Dewan Rakyat Speaker had sought his (Dr Mahathir’s) counsel on his own accord.

“He told me about his dissatisfaction with Datuk Seri Najib (Abdul Razak). And he said he wanted to resign.

“He said he was no longer the Speaker. That was what he told me.

“He told me a little bit about how he unhappy with how Parliament is treating him.

“After that he asked me what he should do. I said, if he wanted to resign, then resign. I believed he said he had already given Najib a letter saying he wanted to resign,” Dr Mahathir said at the launch of his book “Dr Mahathir’s selected letters to world leaders” at the Perdana Leadership here today.

Dr Mahathir said he was only repeating what Pandikar Amin had told him.

“He’s talking as if I had lied. No need for this. It’s embarrassing me,” he said.

Before this, Pandikar Amin had denied that he would be resigning as Dewan Rakyat Speaker.

Earlier today, Pandikar Amin assumed his official duties in Parliament.

- Source: Astro Awani 

No comments:

Post a Comment