Saturday 11 April 2015

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: My four-match ban is a disgrace to football


Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not at all impressed with the four-match ban he has received for a foul-mouthed rant and called it a “disgrace to football”.

The Paris Saint-Germain striker has even said that he would have preferred to have been banned for the rest of the season so he could have gone on his summer holiday earlier.

Ibrahimovic was caught on camera shouting about the referee and calling France a “s*** country” after his team lost to Bordeaux in March.

An apology from the Swede followed, but a ban for four of the final seven Ligue 1 games came regardless as the LFP handed him a suspension.

Ibrahimovic was backed by PSG, who called the ban “disproportionate” and the forward has now blasted the LFP in a statement on his official app.

"I was pleased as this proves what I have been saying," he wrote. "Now people can see for themselves, with their own eyes, instead of me just saying it.

"The whole situation has become a farce - it's ridiculous and unprofessional, a disgrace to football.

"I would have been even happier if they had suspended me for the rest of the season so I could have gone on holiday already. 

"There are no grounds for this ban. My words are not aimed at the referee. We had a normal conversation and he has confirmed this.

"If my words had been aimed at the ref I would have apologised when it happened."

Ibrahimovic will not be able to feature in another Ligue 1 match until May 9 against Guingamp, but he will be allowed to play in the Coupe de la Ligue final against Bastia on Saturday.

- Sumber: Eurosport 

No comments:

Post a Comment