Thursday 30 January 2014

Malaysian student stabbed in Nottingham


KUALA LUMPUR: Ahmad Izat Ahmad Nazmi a student who reads Industrial Economy in Nottingham University got the shock of his life when his innocent reply to a 10-year-old boy who wanted to know what time it was, turned gruesome.

On Jan 27 at 6.50pm local time, Izat was walking alone from Jubilee Campus to Dunkirk through an aisle, by Wallaton Drive Hall heading towards Hill Side.

As he was walking, three teenagers, believed to be between the age of 8 to 14, came up to him and asked for the time. Before he could answer, out of the blue, one of the boys took out a gun while the others took out their pen knives.

Although Izat knew that it was a toy gun, fearing for his safety, he pleaded to them to let him go unharmed.

But the three then snatched his wallet, watch and hand phone before trying to flee the scene.

“They took my wallet, they took my phone, they tried to take my watch and I was begging them. Give me everything I need like my student ID or whatever form of identification that they can give to me, so I can make a police report without being anonymous”

Izat ran after the three and managed to grab one of them. Izat then asked for his phone to be returned. That was when the nighmare began as his two accomplices began to stab him repetitively.

Determined not to give up, Izat punched one of them on the face but he received more stabbing as the other two came back to help their friend.

"They ran as soon as they got my watch and I started chasing them. That’s when the stabbings began”

“I think the first one is about 8 to 9 years-old and the second one 10 and the other is about 14”

Izat saw a few passerbys and cried for help, but none came to the rescue. The struggle with the three teenagers went on for about 5 minutes until one of the boys agreed to return his phone as long as Izat stops chasing them.

“Actually when they first started stabbing me again and again, I saw a few residences getting back from their work and going into their houses, but I think they just don’t want to interfere or something, I don’t know”.

Izat, persistent to get his phone back, didn’t stop struggling and kept on punching one of them.

"I got back my phone because I chased them and I think because they are kids so they are afraid and I punched them, so they asked me to stop chasing them," he said.

“They ask me to stop but I said I won’t stop till I get my phone back. One of them gave me my phone and all of them started to run again”

Realising that they are just minors and confident of dragging at least one of them to the authorities, Izat chased after them again but this time his body failed him. He realised he was drenched it his own blood and at this point the boys had already fled.

A kind passerby who saw Izat in pain helped him to walk and get help. Police then came and helped to bring Izat to the hospital.

Despite 14 stabs and 11 stiches, Izat survived the ordeal with severe wounds. His case is now under investigation.

"Despite being assault by teenagers, I can’t help feel like a hero for defending myself," he added.

Astro Awani 

2 comments:

  1. this is horrible. yea many poor kids in uk due to irresponsible parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if their kids are also untouchable like those in Sweden

    ReplyDelete