Thursday 9 April 2015

'I am not Dr Mahathir's errand boy'

KHAIRUDDIN: If I was Dr Mahathirs 'errand boy', I think I would have been a Cabinet member or a corporate leader taking care of a GLC during the 22 years of Dr Mahathirs administration.

KUALA LUMPUR: No one is to dispute the good relationship formed between former Batu Kawan UMNO vice-president, Datuk Seri Khairuddin Abu Hassan and Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad who has recently been vocal in criticising the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Khairuddin stressed that he is not Dr Mahathir’s 'errand boy' but has given his full trust to the former Prime Minister.

“If I was Dr Mahathir’s 'errand boy', I think I would have been a Cabinet member or a corporate leader taking care of a GLC during the 22 years of Dr Mahathir’s administration.

“Unfortunately, I do not have all the above. I am now bankrupt.

“Dr Mahathir does not need a grass root level UMNO member like me for his fight. He can stand on his own two feet in his fight for truth especially in defending the race, religion an even the country,” he said when contacted by Astro AWANI today.

Khairuddin was commenting on his involvement in a meeting held between Piah Samad, the mother of convicted murderer, Sirul Azhar Umar and Dr Mahathir in Putrajaya.

During the meeting, Piah had explained Sirul’s situation to Dr Mahathir and did not deny that he was a victim of circumstances.

Apart from Khairuddin, PAS vice-president Datuk Mahfuz Omar was also seen in the picture.

Khairuddin added that the perception given by a few people who regarded him as Dr Mahathir’s 'errand boy' is an unreasonable claim.

“Dr Mahathir is a leading figure, influential and loved by the people.

“Dr Mahathir’s struggle is to fight for the race, religion and the country. In reality I am not Dr Mahathir’s 'errand boy', but an obedient, loyal citizen and I am fond of Dr Mahathir same as the others.

“I have not received any rewards from Dr Mahathir, but my loyalty is undivided as Dr Mahathir’s principle is sincere,” said Khairuddin

Khairuddin also said that his hope is the same as Dr Mahathir’s which is to defend the country from unwanted problems.

“From this moment i will not be afraid anymore. No matter what the perception is, I will continue to stand strong alongside Dr Mahathir.

“My actions thusfar is only based on principles. Dr Mahathir has never told me to do anything.

“Don’t I have the rights to fight alongside Dr Mahathir? Why can’t I be seen in the open with this leader?” he said. 

- Source: Astro Awani 

No comments:

Post a Comment