Monday 2 September 2013

Real sign Bale on six-year contract



Eurosport
Monday, September 2, 2013











Gareth Bale has joined Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur on a six-year-contract.
The fee has yet to be confirmed but both clubs have confirmed the deal and he will be presented to Real's supporters at 12pm on Monday.

El Mundo newspaper has reported that the fee is €91m (£77.7m) which falls just short of the £80m the Liga giants paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

However reports in Britain say that the price paid is actually €100m (£85.3m) which would be a record. There are some indications that this figure will not be announced publically as Real Madrid would rather Ronaldo remains the official world record signing.

“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true," said Bale.

"I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

“Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."


Source: Eurosport

No comments:

Post a Comment