Saturday 3 January 2015

Steven Gerrard confirms he will move to the USA after leaving Liverpool


Steven Gerrard has confirmed that he will be heading to America when he leaves Liverpool at the end of the season.

The midfielder announced yesterday that he would be leaving the club where he has spent his entire career. He said at the time that he would not be prepared to play for a club that might one day face Liverpool.

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate," said Gerrard on announcing his departure. 

"My decision is completely based on my wish to experience something different in my career and life and I also want to make sure that I have no regrets when my playing career is eventually over."

Despite that, Southampton manager Ronald Koeman was quick to say that he would be interested in signing him should he change his mind, while David Moyes also expressed an interest in bringing him to Real Sociedad.

However, it was widely speculated that MLS would be Gerrard's next stop.

It has not yet been confirmed which club he will join, but some reports suggest that it may be LA Galaxy, following in the footsteps of David Beckham.

- Source: Eurosport

No comments:

Post a Comment