Thursday 25 July 2013

Smartphones are getting too big!

Do you think the high end smartphones are getting too big in your hand?

Syah Ismail certainly thinks so. He wrote in MyLaunchpad News about what he thinks and at the same time asks you to join him in his petition to 'ask' phone manufacturers to stop growing their phones in size.

Here goes:


If you have been following my blog, you may notice that I use a Samsung Galaxy S III. Why not upgrade to a Galaxy S 4, you ask? I'm holding out on a new phone because I personally don't like how high end smartphones are getting bigger each year. 

The S III is actually quite big for my hands and I settled for it because of its performance. I prefer a 4-inch (4.5-inch at the most) phone just like my previous phone the Galaxy S. It fits nicely in my hands and I can even operate it with one hand. With the current trend in smartphone sizes, we the consumers are forced to choose between big powerful phones and smaller mid-range phones.

WHERE IS THE MID-SIZE HIGH END PHONES?
You would think the Galaxy S 4 Mini is the smaller version of the S 4 but no. Instead of the eight-core chip found on the S 4, you'll only be getting a dual-core one on the S 4 Mini.
Now, phone makers are blurring the lines between phones and tablets with the emergence of super-sized 6-inch phones or widely known as "phablets".
So, what do you think? Do you agree that phones are getting ridiculously bigger each year? Or do you like big phones? Please share your thoughts.

Read more and join him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment